SEO and traffic optimization: Tips for Blog Writing
SEO optimization is a term known and used by many. Despite its significance, a blogger fails to work on SEO optimization which degrades the quality of the blog.
Hence, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a concept that must be clear to boost the content of your webpage.
My article on ‘Blogging Basics’ will guide you on the simple terminologies of Blog writing. When the niche has been decided, certain factors have to be taken care of when you start your blog.
There are many articles on the internet giving tips on how to increase SEO. In this writing, I have tried to simplify the tips and tricks with examples.
Of course, not all of the tips are officially proven to increase SEO i.e. some are basic speculations too. But there is no harm in following some speculations, is there?
As blog writers, we do not leave any stone unturned when we write the content. That’s the plan here too.
Tips in relation to the domain for your SEO optimization
- Place the keyword for your website as the first word in your domain name. For example, We can see that all theme selling companies use the keyword ‘theme’ in their domain name. Themebeez, Everest theme, theme are some of the examples.
- When selecting a domain name, think of a simple, short and a catchy name.
- Having a country code like .np .ca fairs well to rank the website in a specific country but limits the global ranking.
Tips in relation to the title tag and description tag for SEO optimization
- Start your title name with a Keyword, if possible.
- Using ‘How to…’, ’10 steps in…’, ’10+ ways to..’ can prove to be beneficial for getting clicks from users. This, in turn, helps with ranking in the long term.
- Meta description tag is not a direct ranking factor but mentioning it in an attractive and concise manner can increase the rate of click. Try to include a keyword in the description tag, if possible.
- Also, try to add keyword in your H1 tag.
Tips in relation to content for SEO optimization
- Do not aim for superficial writing. The more value you can add to your content, the better it proves to be.
- Having a keyword in the first sentence of your content boosts your SEO, according to Yoast SEO PLUGIN.
- Include keyword in your content as much as the flow of the writing agrees. But do not overdo the keyword use.
- Make your content grammatically correct with the right spellings.
- Use bullets and numberings wherever possible in the content.
- Write content that is optimized for mobile use.
- The reading level of the contents also helps in ranking. Use simple language to write your content.
- Linking your content with a site of authority can help to prove the authenticity of your webpage. On the contrary, take care to not overdo the outlining, as it drives the traffic outside.
- Multimedia like images and videos help to boost the content of your page. Use it as often as you can.
- Make sure your page loading time is less. This is crucial to impress the viewers of your blog and keep them in your page.
- Update your content from time to time.
- Stay away from using identical content on the same site.
- Make sure that the word count of your article is 1000+ and provides valuable information to the reader.
- Including a Youtube video helps to boost your content.
Tips in relation to URL and images for SEO optimization
- Use a short URL for better results. Make sure that the URL contains your keyword.
- The image name should be in relation to your content so that the chance of visibility in Google Search increases.
- Alt text acts as a way to describe your image if it doesn’t load in time. This keeps the readers engaged until the image loads.
Other tips for SEO optimization
- Guest posts are a way to attract writers from your niche which can be promoted for both the parties involved.
- A number of comments on your blog show that your work is read by many. It shows the interest of the public in your content, which increases your SEO performance.
- A site with repeated traffic gets a Google ranking boost.
- As mobile searches are prominent, the writing should be mobile friendly too.
- Breadcrumb makes the use of your blog systematic and helps by providing convenience to readers.
- Try to write a unique meta description every time you post a content.
- Linking your blog to authentic social media accounts validate your account.
- Links from different sites of similar niche is more powerful than link from unrelated sites.
- Dwell time or the amount of time a reader spends on your website is another ranking factor. So quality content with interactive attitude goes a long way.
- Local searches are always given more preference in terms of location.
- When writing for a brand, multiple results from domain or brand-oriented keywords can appear.
- Brands are always prioritized by Google as brands are preferred by customers.
- Keeping a lot of Ads on your page may not be a good choice.
- Gibberish content isn’t encouraged by the Google search engine.
- When selecting a theme, make sure to check the ‘SEO optimization’ feature. There are many free and premium WordPress themes that allow you to be SEO optimized.
It is a well-known fact that when it comes to writing content for your blog, the main focus should be on quality writing. The motto of any business is to please the customer.
With quality writing, you give value to the customer that benefits them. Yes, developing a popular blog isn’t like winning the lottery.
Not all of us can wait for luck to strike in our favor. All we can do is continuously work towards achieving our goal with sincerity.
As time passes, Google search engines are becoming more intelligent towards differentiating good content from a useless one.
Spam and illegal writing may or may not provide benefits in the present but it doesn’t go a long way.
The tips and tricks above point towards one direction of ‘Sincere and quality’ writing. So enjoy what you write and keep it consistent to see results. What are your views? Any tips and tricks do you follow for SEO optimization that I haven’t mentioned? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below.