How to Install WordPress with XAMPP?
Do you want to create your WordPress? Are you a beginner? If the answer is yes, you are in the right way.
Today in this article, we are going to discuss WordPress and its importance. We will talk about a complete process to install WordPress on your localhost.
Table of Contents
I am pretty sure, at the end of the article, you can successfully install WordPress with easy access.
Before starting the installation process, let me give you a brief introduction to WordPress.
Here have a look:
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source content management system. It is not only a powerful platform but also easy to use and deal with.
Initially, it was developed as a blog-publishing system. But later, it evolved to support several other types of web content. WordPress is designed with a set of amazing features that will provide you a fantastic experience.
Since WordPress is designed to install on your web server, it means you have full control over it. You can customize it in a way you want.
Features of WordPress:
- Easy to use
- Amazing platform for publishing
- A dedicated community for support
- Extend multisite feature
- Provide out-of-the-box functionality
- Open and transparent
Now let’s have a look for the installation process of WordPress. Go through this process without missing a single step.
I assure you can successfully install the WordPress on your localhost.
Steps to install WordPress
Step 1: Download XAMPP
- Visit the XAMPP official website
- Select the operating system and click the download button
- Choose the perfect OS from the available option
Step 2: Install and Run XAMPP
Once you download the XAMPP, you need to unzip its folder. After unzipping when the files are ready, select the install button. Soon you will notice the installation process has started.
Now, you need to run the XAMPP on your computer. For this, go through the following process:
- On next page, you will get some marked checkboxes
- Unmark all the option except MySQL and phpMyAdmin
- You will get a welcome notice, and it means your installation process is going the right way
- In case of any antivirus, you will receive an alert message
- Check for any networks and click on “Allow access” Button
- Select the language you want and click on “Save Button.”
- Mark the question box and click on the “Finish” button
Finally, you completed the XAMPP installation process.
Step 3: Download WordPress Latest Version
Up to now, you have installed and run the XAMPP. Now it’s time for WordPress setup. You have to create a database and install WordPress on your localhost. And for this you need WordPress of the latest version, so go through the following process:
- Go to WordPress official website
- Click on “Get WordPress” button on top right side
- On the next page, hit on “Download WordPress” Button
After a few minutes, you will get a zip file of WordPress. You just need to unzip the file and save it for the next process.
Step 4: Create a Database
Before creating a database for your WordPress, you need to create a folder. Within that folder, you have to save all the files of the local site.
Go through following steps to create a database for your website:
- Go to the local disk where you have saved XAMPP file
- Open the XAMPP file
- Select the htdocs folder
- Copy the WordPress which you have downloaded and paste it to htdocs
- Rename the folder “WordPress” with something else, or you can keep the same name. It is optional
- Open a new tab on your browser
- Browse for localhost/PHPMyAdmin
- You will see a database option, create a database (Note: database name should be same as in local disk)
- Click on the “Create” button
In this way, you successfully created your database. It is a natural process, isn’t it? Now be ready to install your WordPress on your localhost. But before this goes for more simple steps through XAMPP:
- Open the XAMPP control
- Start Apache Webserver
- Start MySQL Database
It is an essential and compulsory process. Without starting the Apache Web Server and MySQL database, you cannot get access to PHPMyadmin.
And neither can install WordPress on your localhost.
Step 5: Install WordPress on Localhost
Follow the below steps:
- Open a new tab on your browser
- Type localhost/name of your database (for example, “project”). Give the same name of your you database is created
- Hit the “Enter” Button
- The WordPress setup wizard will open
- Set your language and click on the “Continue” button
- WordPress will send you a welcome notice
- Click on “Let’s go” option
- Now on the next page, you need to fill a form with: Database Name, Username, Password, Database Host, Table, and Prefix.
(For user name option, you can put name “root” and keep the password blank. You can change it later once you become used to it.)
Database: Name of the database you created in PHPMyadmin
Password: Leave blank
- Click on the “Submit” button
Finally, we go through all the necessary steps for the installation of WordPress. Now, After this all, you will be asked for some required information, apply those all to complete the installation process. Here have a look towards the final process:
- Give the name of your WordPress site. You can keep the same name as in the database or anything else, whichever you like.
- Apply the user name
- Provides a strong password
- Write your e-mail address
- Check for your search engine visibility button
- Finally, click on the Install WordPress button
Hence you will receive a notice that you have completed your installation process.
Hence we did with the overall process to install WordPress. WordPress is a powerful platform with which you can extend your blogging and web career.
It is not only a limited platform for blog or content, but it is also the best platform for building a website, and more than that.
We hope you like this article and get it helpful for you. If you are getting any issues or trouble through this installation process, you can contact us through our comment section.
Stay tuned and keep visiting our site for the more interesting articles.